When a California water company needed reliable level measurements of their tanks, they turned to Tools.Valarm.net.
How do You effectively monitor tank levels?
You’re seeing photos in this story that feature tanks remotely monitored by Valarm Tools Cloud.
These level monitoring systems are solar powered and use long-range WiFi antennas to make remote measuring solutions that are efficient, cost-effective, and, off the grid.
The other key components of these tank monitoring systems include:
- Tools.Valarm.net Industrial IoT cloud software receives sensor measurements from Your Ethernet sensor hubs (connected to long range WiFi antennas like those manufactured by Ubiquiti, Mikrotik, or TP-Link)
- 4-20 mA sensor adapters connected to Flowline level sensors
- Power regulators for changing voltage, e.g., between 24V/12V/5V
You can configure your Industrial IoT hardware to upload your level sensor readings as often as you need them, whether that’s every minute, every hour, or twice a day.
With tank level sensor information on Tools.Valarm.net, organizations map, graph, analyze, API forward, calculate, and alert based on the custom configurations that work best, and make the most sense, for each environment.
Since Tools.Valarm.net is an open platform, you can use sensors made by any hardware manufacturer. You can monitor Flowline sensors you see in the photos, or sensors made by other companies like Senix, Geokon, Clair Air, or any others.
Web Dashboards provide customers with a custom, private webpage (with your logo!) where you, your teams, and your organization can use Tools.Valarm.net and dashboards to do things like:
- View your latest real-time sensor measurements
- See your remote monitoring systems on custom maps that give you situational awareness to quickly alert you about what’s going on in the field with your distant assets
- Receive alerts via SMS text message and/or e-mail
- Review historical sensor measurements with your historizer that shows you what’s been going on with your tanks or other valuable assets
That’s your simple overview of these Valarm monitoring systems in the wild! We’re here and ready to help you with your monitoring needs, so if you’ve got any…
Need to monitor water?
When you’ve got a moment, have a gander at our Industrial IoT Customer Success Stories page to see how various industries use Tools.Valarm.net to:
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Info@Valarm.net if you’ve got any questions.