- Do you need to remotely turn on / off industrial equipment?
- Need to flip a switch or trigger a relay?
- Do you want to do it when your Industrial Internet of Things Devices and Sensors go above or below your desired threshold?
- How about turning on / off a generator, motor, or fan, based on when the temperature, humidity, water or air quality exceeds your range?
Light levels dropped and you need to switch on a lamp / light? Done.
There are lot of Industrial IoT applications for this new feature. How do you use it? Let’s get going on that!
First off you’ll click and select your Valarm device in the Device Manager after you’ve logged into Tools.Valarm.net.
It’ll look something like what you see in the screenshot.
You’ll see the Configure Yocto Relay Modules window.
This is where you’ll set up all of your configuration details for your relays.
The tabs at the top let you configure different reactions and triggers for your relays. You’ll use Tab 1 to set up your 1st relay module.
Click the checkbox next to enabled to activate your Tools.Valarm.net responses to your sensors.
Select your Module / Relay ID up at the top. (YLTCHRL1-1A351 in this example from Valarm HQ)
Give your configuration a nice name.
Make a note about what this relay does for your remote monitoring deployments.
We’ll use the Sensor Input Threshold option in this example to show how your relay can turn on / off devices like motors, generators, pumps, fans, and anything else, based off of your sensor values like when temperature goes above 25 C / 77 F.
Set your requested state. On single-pole relays, STATE_A = OFF / OPEN and STATE_B = ON / CLOSED
You can select which sensor you want to compare, a.k.a., your Input Channel.
Let’s pick the ambient temperature sensor for this initial demo example.
Next up is picking your threshold comparator operator.
- Greater Than
- Greater Than or Equal To
- Less Than
- Equals Exactly
- Greater Than Another Sensor Channel
- Difference Less Than Another Sensor Measurement
- Equals Exactly Another 1 of your Sensor Readings
Save it. Remember to save your work!
You’re all done. That’s it!
Configure your relays and switches how you need them for your remote monitoring applications.
Whether you’re monitoring water, air quality, industrial fleet vehicles, or anything else, we’re happy to help you, your teams, and your organization effectively monitor your remote assets and environments.
Please don’t hesitate to Contact Us at Info@Valarm.net.