This video shows the interactive sensor demo booth we set up at the Esri ArcGIS User Conference 2015 to show you how easy it is to integrate real-time, mobile sensors into the ArcGIS platform. Thank you Harsha Vardhan from GeoBuiz for making the video! Also thanks to the folks from the teams of Esri Real-Time GIS and GeoEvent Extension for ArcGIS Server team for all of their help.
The clip is an interview with Edward Pultar, PhD, Geographic Information Scientist / Co-Founder / President of Valarm. You’ll see that this is a children’s museum-style setup where attendees can touch, breathe, move, pump, or switch the sensors and then see it all changing in real-time. Here’s what’s used in this remote monitoring / telemetry solution:
- Valarm compatible sensor hub (Connects real-time, GPS-tagged sensors to Valarm Tools Cloud via WiFi, Ethernet, or GSM cell network)
- Yocto Hub Shield Add-on for more sensor ports
- Meteo Sensor
- 4-20mA sensor adapter connected to pressure transducers to monitor water levels
- 4-20mA sensor adapter connected to wind speed and wind direction raw sensors
- Light / lux / lumens sensor
- Air quality / VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) sensor
Have a look at our Customer Stories Page for stories on how our customers monitor their assets effectively.
We can help you literally monitor anything, anywhere, so please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!