Have a look at our Air Quality Monitoring Overview Page!
Also take a gander at these Air Quality Monitoring Systems we made with SC – AQMD (Southern California Air Quality Management District).
AQMD is a California government entity responsible for air quality monitoring and compliance in Los Angeles, Orange County, and the grand majority of Southern California.
This write-up shows how your organization can use sensor hubs, industrial sensors like Alphasense air quality sensors, and Tools.Valarm.net – to rapidly deploy boxes to remotely monitor just about any air quality factor, like:
- Particulate Matter – PM1, PM2.5, PM10 with Optical Particle Counters like the Alphasense OPC-N2
- Specific Gases – O3 (Ozone), NO2 (Nitrogen Dioxide), H2S (Hydrogen Sulfide), VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds)
Valarm is working with the City of Washington, D.C., to provide public maps with real-time air quality! We’re part of the Sustainable DC Plan to make DC the healthiest, greenest, most livable city in the nation over the next 20 years. Here’s specific goals / targets:
- Minimize the generation of greenhouse gas emissions from all sources.
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 50%.
- Advance physical adaptation and human preparedness to increase the District’s resilience to future climate change.
- Require all new building and major infrastructure projects to undergo climate change impact assessment as part of the regulatory planning process.
In order to measure, understand, and report progress toward sustainability goals, D.C. requires a measurement and monitoring solution that will provide real world, comprehensive, historical data about climate change and air quality. That’s where Valarm sensor and monitoring solutions come in! Here’s how we’re doing it:
- Placing mobile Valarm units on the rooftops of city-owned vehicles
- Air quality monitoring stations gather GPS – tagged air quality sensor data
- Remote air quality monitoring systems send air quality data to Tools.Valarm.net in real-time
- Valarm APIs allow for customized endpoints, webpages, and business intelligence systems to analyze and visualize real-time air quality data
We recently did pilot studies for this by deploying air quality sensors on public transit in California and on pedestrian / citizen sensors. With your neighborhood’s air quality information and the Esri ArcGIS platform you can know what your current situation is and decide if you want walk, bike, drive, or take public transit based on your health conditions. See the video below for an example of Valarm air quality sensor data visualized with Esri 3D tools.
Here’s a list of environmental factors Valarm will be collecting:
- Presence and concentration of Volatile Organic Compounds as a group (VOCs)
- Barometric Pressure
- CO2 concentration
- Particulate matter (PM2.5, PM10, “soot”)
Having this real-time, mobile air quality data available to citizens means it will be of use to the public and have wide ranging impacts for:
- K-12 science/social programs
- University researchers
- Government researchers
- Gaining a better understanding of the environmental impact of street-level design/policy decisions
We’ll be posting more updates this spring and summer on the deployment along with the webpages and maps where you can get the air quality info.
Who in the world uses this Industrial IoT sensor stuff for Remote Monitoring?
Take a gander at our Customer Stories page for Industrial Internet of Things solutions, case studies, examples, and use cases in different industries.
You’ll see on our Industries / Markets Page that we help organizations like yours monitor all kinds of things like:
- Flood Monitoring Systems – Water Level Risks and Early Warnings
- Air Quality & Pollution – Any Gases, Ozone / O3, Nitrous Oxides / NOx, SO2, H2S, NO2, Dust, Particulate Matter, PM2.5
- Water Resources Management
- Fluids + Chemical Distribution – Tank Volumes & Levels of Your Products
- Fleet Vehicles, Trucks, & Trailers Loaded Up with Industrial Equipment like Pumps, Vacuums, and Tanks
- Natural Resources Industry Applications
- Water Usage & Water Well Levels, Depths, + Flow Meters
- Government Agencies / Cities / Communities
How can Valarm help your organization run more effectively with Industrial IoT applications?
Have a look at our Web Dashboards for Remote Monitoring, Telemetry, Sensors, and Industrial Internet of Things Devices.
Tools.Valarm.net is an open platform so you can use sensors made by any hardware manufacturer. You’ll want the most rugged and reliable sensor for your specific remote monitoring needs. Our industrial customers have some favorite sensor brands like:
- Campbell Scientific
- EKM Metering
- Eno Scientific
- Foxboro / Schneider Electric
- Eno Scientific
Whether you need mobile or stationary monitoring systems, let us know what you, your teams, and your organization need to monitor. We’ll work with you to deploy your most effective monitoring systems to improve your business operations.
Please don’t hesitate to Contact Us at Info@Valarm.net if you’ve got any questions!