How do chemical and fertilizer retailers effectively manage products and operations?
You may already know that you save time and money by remotely monitoring your equipment and assets, like tanks, with Industrial IoT sensors.
Especially when you use a flexible, open platform that’s cost-effective.
You’ll see just how it’s done in this customer story about web dashboards and Industrial IoT applications monitoring tanks.
How does Your tank monitoring work?
Level sensors automatically measure how much product you’ve got. In these photos you’re seeing level sensors measuring product volumes in tanks, like fertilizers, chemicals, lime sulfur, and oil.
These tank monitoring systems regularly upload level sensor information to Tools.Valarm.net.
On Tools.Valarm.net, all of your historical and current, real-time sensor measurements are available for mapping, graphing and analytics.
Web dashboards integrate sensor readings from remote monitoring systems by using the Tools.Valarm.net JSON APIs.
Each of these monitoring systems can be connected to multiple tanks, and has these key components:
- Level Sensor – like the blue Flowline sensors you see in the photos
- Sensor Hub – sends sensor information to Tools.Valarm.net via WiFi, mobile cell phone network, or ethernet
- Sensor Adapter – connects to sensor hub and level sensor, usually 4-20 mA protocol if you’re using Flowline or Senix level sensors
- Power Source – your monitoring systems need juice, where does it come from? You can use solar panel power or standard mains electricity / wall power like 110V
The list above describes the key pieces used by this customer, a full service agricultural fertilizer and chemical business retailer in California, to remotely monitor the tanks and dashboard you’re seeing in the photos.
Since Tools.Valarm.net is a flexible software platform, you can monitor hardware made by just about any sensor manufacturer. In the pictures you’re seeing hardware and sensors made by a variety of companies.
Whether you need to monitor tanks, water, or anything else, you can use hardware you already have or we can help you decide and recommend favorite hardware that our customers prefer, like Flowline, Senix, Geokon, In-Situ, Yoctopuce, McCrometer, and ClairAir.
Take a gander below at our other Web Dashboards that improve operations and effectiveness with remote monitoring systems:
- Wells and Water Resources Management – Water Wells, Flow Meters, Water Usage, Water Levels, Recharge Rate, Pump Head Room Safety, Groundwater Aquifer Health
- Solar Powered Tank Monitoring – Radar and Ultrasonic Sensors Monitoring Tank Levels and Gallons of Sulphuric Acid, Oil, Fertilizers, and Other Chemicals
- Industrial Equipment & Hydraulics – Monitoring Assets like Pumps, Machinery, Pressure, and Temperatures
- Remote Environmental Monitoring – Telemetry for Distant Weather Stations with Sensors for Disaster Preparedness and Natural Hazards like Wild Fires
We’re a family company that’s here for you, and ready to help you, your teams, and your organization deploy your most effective monitoring systems.
Please don’t hesitate to Contact Us at Info@Valarm.net if you’ve got any questions.