Valarm Press Kit
Lorenzo Gonzalez, CEO & Edward Pultar, PhD, President FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
email@example.com January 1, 2016
Valarm was born when Lorenzo (Founder, CEO) woke up one morning to discover his precious, customized motorcycle had been stolen by professional thieves. Originally Valarm was conceived as an affordable and accessible theft-prevention and vehicle tracking device which Lorenzo would use himself to protect his replacement bike. Apparently thieves frequently check back after successfully stealing one vehicle: they know the owner has insurance and will eventually get a new one! Although it is still an excellent theft tracking solution, today Valarm has evolved into a general purpose platform for Industrial IoT applications, mobile data acquisition, asset/vehicle tracking, and remote monitoring and telemetry solutions.
What are today’s key essentials of Valarm in just a few words and pictures? See:
Valarm is Industrial IoT. We provide rapid, effective deployment of geo-enabled, real-time, mobile and stationary sensor networks.
As an open platform Valarm connects virtually any sensor (existing in the field or brand new out of the box) to Valarm Tools Cloud and displays your real-time, geo-located data in your dashboard and business intelligence / analytics systems like a GIS.
We specialize in providing ready-to-go packages for the petroleum and oil & gas industries. With Valarm you and your teams can easily monitor your assets (water, air and fluids) for any number of factors (rate of flow, volume, quality).
Valarm uses sensor hubs / connector devices connected to sensors, along with an integrated suite of web-based tools (Valarm Tools Cloud) to track almost anything via GPS / GNSS, and remotely monitor almost any environment via Industrial IoT sensors. Commercial fleet managers use Valarm as a vehicle or container-tracking device with additional, mobile sensor information. Farmers use it to remotely monitor their crops. Businesses use it to monitor indoor air quality (IAQ, CO2 and VOCs) and improve decision-making and creative abilities. Natural Resources, petroleum, oil & gas companies use Valarm to monitor remote environmental factors. Governments use Valarm to monitor water factors like water flow. You can get Valarm compatible sensors at shop.valarm.net.
Valarm integrates Industrial IoT sensor hardware to monitor and alert based on environmental and/or mechanical factors including, but not limited to:
- Water + Fluids (water levels + water flow)
- Location via GPS / GNSS
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Switches, potentiometers, or any sensor which operates by altering electric resistance
- Lumens (light / lux)
- Barometric pressure
- Accelerometer, gyroscope, compass
- 4-20mA industry standard sensors
- 0-10V industry standard sensors
- RS-232 sensors
- RS-485 sensors
- Fire risk and micro-climate
- Tank Levels
Valarm Tools Cloud can immediately distribute configurable alerts via email. All of your Valarm Industrial IoT sensor information can be forwarded to your business intelligence / analytics systems or downloaded at any time using our open APIs like JSON. Real-time, remote sensor information is available on any device with a web browser, like a phone or tablet, using Web Dashboards for Remote Monitoring, Telemetry, Sensors & Industrial IoT.
The flood of powerful, inexpensive dedicated sensor hub devices create an opportunity for extremely useful, connected, geo-enabled remote monitoring applications. Valarm’s small, mobile, energy-efficient, and highly compute-capable platform is a very compelling for mobile data acquisition and remote environmental monitoring. Connected via cell network (2G/3G/4G/GPRS), ethernet, or WiFi, Valarm Industrial IoT applications easily create the powerful “sensor-web”, “digital oil field”, and other buzz words long dreamed-of by industry, academia and research organizations, manufacturing, food & chemical storage, farms, and even hobbyists.
In other words, you can configure your Industrial IoT, remote monitoring, and telemetry hardware with Valarm Tools Cloud to map, alert, analyze, or email when any sensor is triggered by your settings, for example:
- Water flow monitoring – How much water are you or your customers using?
- How much product is left in each of your tanks?
- Remotely monitoring water levels and depths in reservoirs, lakes, ponds, or water wells
- Micro-climate and wildfire risk monitoring
- Your A/C breaks down and your servers are overheating or your freezer may be broken or malfunctioning
- When does your office or classroom make you dumb? Monitor and alert based on CO2 levels
- You want to know detect presence and level of water or be alerted of flooding
- The lights go out on your reef aquarium or hydroponics rig
- Any of your vehicles travel too far, too fast, or too close to a forbidden area (GPS geofence), or the accelerator is “floored” or the engine raced
- Detect an orientation, a movement, vibration, or a magnetic field
- Your vacation home is freezing and the pipes are about to burst
- What’s your air quality and what amount of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are you breathing?
- The humidity in your greenhouse drops and your orchids are drying up
- Real-time air quality of your city
- Your refrigerator breaks and your beer gets warm
- Many, many more applications are possible. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
(images for distribution, click any image to enlarge)