Valarm is airborne! Dr. Thomas Arnold, a professor at Dickinson College, showed us how easy it is to get cloud-based + real-time + geo-tagged sensor data with drones and Valarm. Tom is a climate change researcher in the Department of Biology and Environmental Studies. Specifically, for this Smithsonian funded project he’s tracking acidification in the coastal zone.
We’re happy to see that Valarm software is being used for such awesome applications! For more on airborne CO2 monitoring, coastal vs. ocean acidification, carbon dioxide + marshes, and a video of Valarm sensors flying on a drone check out Dr. Tom Arnold’s blog post with extensive scientific details on what he’s up to!
Where will you fly Valarm sensors? What are you monitoring?
Here are other environmental monitoring applications where Valarm is deployed:
- Air Quality – Particulate Matter & Specific Gases like Ozone / O3
- Monitoring Water & Fluids
- Agriculture / Viticulture
- Water Level Monitoring for Natural Resources / Upstream Oil & Gas
- Mobile Air Quality Monitoring for City Governments
- Water Flow and Water Usage Monitoring
- Noise / Sound Telemetry for Gas Compressor Stations
- Water Monitoring for the Oil & Gas Industry
- Monitoring Water Depths / Levels and Usage in Southern California Water Wells
- Remote Tank Monitoring in Real-Time
Do you, your teams, and your organization need to monitor air quality stations?
Have a look at our Air Quality Monitoring overview page!
Also take a gander at these Air Quality Monitoring Systems we made with SC – AQMD (Southern California Air Quality Management District).
AQMD is a California government entity. SC-AQMD is responsible for air quality monitoring and compliance in Los Angeles, Orange County, and the great majority of Southern California.
This write-up shows how your organization can use sensor hubs, industrial sensors like Alphasense air quality sensors, and the Tools.Valarm.net gateway. This lets your organization rapidly deploy boxes to remotely monitor just about any air quality factor, like:
- Particulate Matter – PM1, PM2.5, PM10 with Optical Particle Counters like the Alphasense OPC-N2
- Specific Gases – O3 (Ozone), NO2 (Nitrogen Dioxide), H2S (Hydrogen Sulfide), VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds)
And there’s also our Fluids and Water Monitoring Systems to give you, your teams, and your organization your most effective water resources management tools.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us at Info@Valarm.net if you’ve got any questions.